[plt-scheme] Questions on PLT status and project structure

From: Scott McLoughlin (scott at adrenaline.com)
Date: Wed Oct 14 09:58:45 EDT 2009

Yes, I can see how calls to sibling module functions can be treated
specially by
the compiler.  OTOH, in a Haskell article, to paraphrase, "...we're
talking about
optimizations of higher order function applications; a failure to
optimize calls to
statically known functions is a gross compiler failure." ;-)  Something
like that.
I suppose with all function bindings being mutable, Scheme is going to
have a much
tougher time of it.

Casey Klein wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 14, 2009 at 6:19 AM, Jay McCarthy <jay.mccarthy at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On Wed, Oct 14, 2009 at 4:31 AM, Scott McLoughlin <scott at adrenaline.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Kind folks - a few questions on PLT Scheme:
>>>
>>> First questions regard performance. First, is there an inlining directive
>>> (or delcaration or proclamation, etc.)
>>>
>> Not really, but using modules allows inlining of core MzScheme primitives.
>>

> Of course, the compiler sometimes in-lines non-primitives too.

Posted on the users mailing list.