[plt-scheme] sqlite:finalize statement throws unexpectedly

From: David Storrs (david.storrs at gmail.com)
Date: Mon Oct 12 16:52:36 EDT 2009

(require (prefix-in sqlite: (planet jaymccarthy/sqlite:4:5/sqlite)))

sqlite:finalize function will raise an exception when:

1) You pass it something that is not a SQLite statement

2) The statement you pass it is not a sqlite:open-statement?

3) The statement you pass it IS an open-statement? but it produced a
constraint violation when you ran it.

#2 and #3 surprised me.  I would have thought that finalize would
either succeed or be a no-op--since, presumably, you dealt with
whatever errors came up back where you were running the statement.

Does anyone else find this surprising?

--Dks

Posted on the users mailing list.