[plt-scheme] redex: syntactic equality

From: Eric Tanter (etanter at dcc.uchile.cl)
Date: Mon Oct 12 00:09:48 EDT 2009

You're right, in the general case there is no way for redex to know
what my language is doing...

Actually, what I need is comparison of lambda terms:
I want (let ((f (lambda (x) x)) (eq? f f)) to be true in my language

So I'm going another way that consists in tagging lambda values with a
unique identifier, and then having comparison check this:

eg. (lambda (x) x) --> (lambda r1234 (x) x)

The identifier is obtained with (gensym "r").
This is working fine, except that I realize that I don't know how to
write a test-->> for that, because when a lambda value ends up in the
store, I have no way to know which r__ it has.

Is there a way to do so?

Thanks!

-- Éric