[plt-scheme] Q. about editor<%> internal-locks

From: Ryan Culpepper (ryanc at ccs.neu.edu)
Date: Wed Oct 7 16:56:05 EDT 2009

On Oct 7, 2009, at 4:16 PM, Matthew Flatt wrote:

> At Wed, 7 Oct 2009 12:58:31 -0700, John Clements wrote:
>> On Oct 7, 2009, at 12:31 PM, Robby Findler wrote:
>>
>>> Are you accessing the editor from more than one thread?
>>
>> No.  In particular, the only references to this editor are
>>
>> 1) it's embedded in a canvas which is part of a visible pane, and
>> 2) There's an "update" method that is called by only one thread.
>
> So the "one thread" in #2 is the same as the canvas's eventspace's
> handler thread?

Does the canvas have its own eventspace, or does it use the frame's
eventspace?

What's the right way to modify the editor in a thread other than the
eventspace handler thread?

(Asking because I've seen this error in the macro stepper and never
been able to reproduce or diagnose it.)

Ryan

Posted on the users mailing list.