[plt-scheme] Problems compiling PLT scheme on Solaris

From: Matthew Flatt (mflatt at cs.utah.edu)
Date: Tue Oct 6 10:56:30 EDT 2009

You're running Solaris on Sparc, right?

This wasn't a known problem. We recently stopped creating our own
builds for Sparc, and I guess that was the one platform we used to
build where the JIT is not supported. So, we overlooked this mismatch
in the implementation.

The problem is now fixed for the next version.

In the current version, you can work around it by adding definitions of
scheme_can_inline_fp_comp() and scheme_can_inline_fp_op() that just
return 0. (Add them to any C file in "plt/src/mzscheme/src", such as
"numcomp.c".)

Thanks for the report!

At Tue, 06 Oct 2009 16:16:16 +0200, Fabian Reck wrote:
> Hi,
>
> we encounter problems when we try to compile the latest version of PLT
> scheme on Sun Solaris 5.10 with gcc 4.1.2. The problem is, that in the
> file src/mzscheme/src/numcomp.c two symbols are referenced:
>
> scheme_can_inline_fp_comp and scheme_can_inline_fp_op
>
> Both of them are defined in src/mzscheme/src/jit.c but since the macro
> MZ_USE_JIT is not defined, the compiler ignores them.
>
> In order to solve a problem with large file support, we had to pass the
> options "-m64 -Xlinker -64" to the compiler. Perhaps this is related to
> our problem. In spite of that we just did the standard compilation
> procedure.
>
> Is this a known problem? Is there a workaround?
>
> Thanks
>
> Fabian

Posted on the users mailing list.