[plt-scheme] running code in a slide show / intro to plt-scheme slideshow or slide deck

From: Matthew Flatt (mflatt at cs.utah.edu)
Date: Fri Oct 2 09:41:43 EDT 2009

At Thu, 1 Oct 2009 16:08:01 -0700 (PDT), Scott Hickey wrote:
> I once saw a webcast of someone doing a live code demos - running code and
> showing the results in a window - using the plt-scheme slideshow module.
> I was wondering if anyone has a presentation that does this that they could
> make available. I don't remember exactly how it looked in the webcast but it
> seemed like it was cooler than just showing results in a message-box.

The page

has a link to a "Languages as Operating Systems" talk. It mostly still
works in the latest version, but something something changed along the
way (the fine details of parameters, I think) so that stdout/stderr is
not captured correctly.

Here's an updated variant of that talk that does work in the current
version of PLT:

Posted on the users mailing list.