[plt-scheme] Planet HTTP 403 errors

From: Jordan Johnson (jmj at fellowhuman.com)
Date: Sat Nov 21 19:17:07 EST 2009

Hi all,

I seem to consistently be unable to download planet packages from my
home computer: I get a 403 error, regardless of package.  Since I'm
usually working from school (and for a long time I only happened on
this error at odd hours of the night on weekends, which let me assume
it was a periodic planned-downtime issue) I haven't bothered to report
this, but it's been consistent for the last few weeks, happening every
time I've tried regardless of time of day.

I have an off-the-shelf D-Link router / masquerading firewall, and am
running OS 10 Leopard.  Logging into a server on my university
account, I can download packages with no problems, but at home
(require (planet ...)) always fails, showing the error:

require: PLaneT could not download the requested package: Internal
error (unknown HTTP response code 403)

I've tried multiple versions of DrScheme and mzscheme.  Any ideas, or
suggestions for further troubleshooting?

Thanks,
jmj

Posted on the users mailing list.