[plt-scheme] Re: Poacher turned gamekeeper

From: hendrik at topoi.pooq.com (hendrik at topoi.pooq.com)
Date: Fri Nov 20 15:54:50 EST 2009

On Fri, Nov 20, 2009 at 07:23:30AM -0800, wooks wrote:

> I feel more like crying. Scheme and Algol for CS1....they better all
> pass with flying colours.

What about OCaml?  Strongly typed .... I don't know what its iteration
syntax is, but it does seem to be able to have expressions and
varying variables and side-effects.

> Web tutorials for it are hard to come by, and I'll need one (for me
> and the students). Is it safe to use one for ALGOL68 (assuming I can
> find one)?

And if you find a decent on-line introductory OCaml manual (especially
for people like me who already know how to program in many languages)
I'd like to see it.

-- hendrik

Posted on the users mailing list.