[plt-scheme] Scheme productivity data point

From: Neil Van Dyke (neil at neilvandyke.org)
Date: Mon Nov 9 03:27:44 EST 2009

Noel Welsh wrote at 11/08/2009 03:43 PM:
> The issue is total time to complete the job. Neil is saying that w/ Scheme

What Noel said.

Disregard the non sequitur about the about the size of the output files;
that was quoted to help support the validity of my file I/O comparisons,
but then I decided I didn't need to support those in a blog post, yet
accidentally neglected to remove that part from the quote.

The nature of the work done, however, is relevant, since not all tools
are necessarily good at all tasks.  PLT Scheme happens to be a good
general-purpose toolset, IMHO, but my anecdote alone doesn't go far to
supporting that.

Posted on the users mailing list.