[plt-scheme] Help: Question about require and include

From: Grant Rettke (grettke at acm.org)
Date: Sun Nov 8 00:15:21 EST 2009

Hi Parnell,

On Tue, Nov 3, 2009 at 10:49 PM, Parnell Springmeyer <ixmatus at gmail.com> wrote:
> I made the error of replying to the last responder without "Reply All".
> Grant, I am trying to accomplish something specific, here's what I wrote
> to the last replier: Might I ask what the proper idiom would be for
> creating a user defined path to, say, a module directory in a
> configuration file and then prefixing a module filename with that value
> at require time?

You would like the location of the library that gets used to be
defined at runtime?

Perhaps uou might specify the PLTCOLLECTS dir:

http://download.plt-scheme.org/doc/html/reference/collects.html#(idx._(gentag._399._(lib._scribblings/reference/reference..scrbl)))

Or use dynamic-require:

http://download.plt-scheme.org/doc/html/reference/Module_Names_and_Loading.html#(def._((quote._~23~25kernel)._dynamic-require))

Not sure that is exactly what you are looking for.

Posted on the users mailing list.