[plt-scheme] Help: Question about require and include

From: Chongkai Zhu (czhu at cs.utah.edu)
Date: Tue Nov 3 19:31:42 EST 2009

This doesn't work because "require" is a syntactic form instead of a
function. Basically you need to learn the difference between macros and
normal values(function calls). There is ways to do what you want, by
introducing a macro that call the "string-append" at compile time, but I
doubt whether it is what you want.

Chongkai

Parnell Springmeyer wrote:
> I'm a Scheme noob and have had trouble trying to figure out why this
> code does not work:
>
> (define base-module-path "/home/user/modules/")
> (require (string-append base-module-path "user-agent.ss"))
>
> I know I'm missing something basic as to why it doesn't work... Any
> enlightenment would be nice!
>
> - --
> Parnell "Ixmatus" Springmeyer (http://ixmat.us)

Posted on the users mailing list.