[plt-scheme] Re: Why "lambda"?

From: Marco Morazan (morazanm at gmail.com)
Date: Wed May 27 07:18:23 EDT 2009

> You know if someone hadn't looked at the customs and norms prevalent
> in CS pedagogy and said "This is nonsense I'm not perpetuating this
> s**t" HTDP would not have been created. The arguments for teaching
> everybody to program apply tenfold to the teaching of math.

In fairness to the authors, HtDP is not about syntax or what kind of
symbols you use in your representations. What HtDP is not perpetuating
is quite different from your objections to the use of Greek and Hebrew
characters. We ought not lump together the idea of program design with
the idea of being more selective in the characters used to write
formulas.

--

Cheers,

Marco