[plt-scheme] Re: Why "lambda"?

From: wooks (wookiz at hotmail.com)
Date: Tue May 26 15:43:06 EDT 2009

On May 26, 8:22 pm, Noel Welsh <noelwe... at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, May 26, 2009 at 8:16 PM, wooks <woo... at hotmail.com> wrote:
> > it's hard to grok concepts expressed in terms you can't name.
>
> Yes. Even better when you use capital/lowercase or font changes (bold,
> calligraphic) to indicate different variables. However, you either
> have to change the world or learn to read it. One of these is
> practical.

I tend to go for a 3rd option. Put the textbook back on the shelf and
find one written in English.

Hence alot of what I learned about Theory of Computation comes from
Daniel Cohens - Introduction to Computer Theory instead of the
prescribed Sipser.

If I can't find material presented in English I drop the subject. Life
is too short and often the material is difficult enough as it is.

Posted on the users mailing list.