[plt-scheme] register-finalizer wills only executed first time program is Run in DrScheme session

From: Neil Van Dyke (neil at neilvandyke.org)
Date: Tue May 26 05:09:45 EDT 2009

I have implemented some code using "scheme/foreign" that uses
"register-finalizer" to clean up some resources.

When I run the test suite in a new DrScheme and then do
"(collect-garbage)", the finalizers execute.

This is the problem: When I hit Run a second time, the test suite runs
again correctly, but even hundreds of calls to "collect-garbage" do not
cause the finalizers to execute.

When I do this in a REPL from the "mzscheme" command-line program, the
finalizers always execute after each run of the test suite followed by a
call to "collect-garbage".

Any ideas appreciated.

--
http://www.neilvandyke.org/