[plt-scheme] how to get GMT time?

From: Eli Barzilay (eli at barzilay.org)
Date: Wed May 20 02:24:52 EDT 2009

On May 19, Paul Graham wrote:
> Thanks, Eli, the TZ environment var looks like exactly
> what I was looking for.  I'm ok with all times being GMT.
> So if I just set that to be ":GMT", all times will be GMT,
> with no worries about daylight savings time, right?

It looks like it...  To be more precise, I looked at the documentation
for `date-time-zone-offset', which referred to the TZ environment
variable, and then I looked up the tzset() man page which said that a
":Foo" value for TZ will make it use the "Foo" zoneinfo file -- so it
should be fine assuming that "GMT" is always present.