[plt-scheme] auto check syntax

From: Neil Van Dyke (neil at neilvandyke.org)
Date: Sat May 16 12:31:55 EDT 2009

Jos Koot wrote at 05/16/2009 12:17 PM:
> I use Check Syntax frequently for renaming variables. Every time a
> variable has been renamed, I have to do another Check Syntax before
> being able to do another renaming. I know it may take a few seconds to
> do another Check Syntax. May be a double choice: rename only and
> rename+check-syntax-again?
Actually, I suspect there is enough information before the variable
rename occurs that invalidating the existing Check Syntax information is
not necessary -- just update the name and update the positional
information for every piece of syntax after the first occurrence.

Unless simply re-running Check Syntax with any cached information about
imported modules gives reasonably good responsiveness.

--
http://www.neilvandyke.org/