[plt-scheme] Re: SICP Support in PLT Scheme (now available for testing)

From: Benjamin L.Russell (DekuDekuplex at Yahoo.com)
Date: Wed May 13 03:29:08 EDT 2009

On Tue, 05 May 2009 05:08:46 -0400, Neil Van Dyke
<neil at neilvandyke.org> wrote:

>The work-in-progress on polished support for doing SICP in DrScheme is
>now in PLaneT.
>
>Anyone who cares to work through SICP using this package can try it out at:
>
>http://www.neilvandyke.org/sicp-plt/
>
>Feedback is very welcome.

Do you have any plans for a GNU Emacs equivalent of this package? I've
noticed that the MzScheme REPL in Emacs does not behave in quite the
same way as the MIT Scheme REPL in Edwin; in particular, when C-x C-e
is used to evaluate a function definition, in Edwin, the following
output is returned:

>;Value: <function-name>

However, in the MzScheme REPL in Emacs, all that happens is that the
single right angle-bracket preceding the function definition is
replaced by a double right angle-bracket with a space separating the
two angle-brackets; this seems unsightly.

-- Benjamin L. Russell
http://dekudekuplex.wordpress.com/
-- Matsuo Basho^

Posted on the users mailing list.