[plt-scheme] Reader extensions and syntax coloring

From: Jens Axel Soegaard (jensaxel at soegaard.net)
Date: Fri May 8 07:32:20 EDT 2009

Hi All,

I am experimenting with a little reader extension for infix expressions.
Up to now I used the syntax #$"1+2", but decided to switch to #$1+2$ .
My problem is that the syntax coloring in DrScheme is okay with the
#$"1+2" syntax (The "1+2" part is simply colored green, since it
looks like a string), but the #$1+2$ syntax is, well, not pretty.

This picture shows the problems.

http://picpaste.com/pics/Picture_6_1.1241782252.png

Note especially
the problem with expression containing semi colons.

The documentation for "Syntax Color: Utilities" says:

     A lexer for Scheme, including reader extensions (Reader Extension),
     built specifically for color:text%.

But I can't figure out whether things should work automatically or
whether the extension writer needs to give the colorer hints.

--
Jens Axel Søgaard