[Larceny-users] [plt-scheme] Re: side effects in R6RS modules

From: William D Clinger (will at ccs.neu.edu)
Date: Tue May 5 12:42:35 EDT 2009

Matthias Felleisen wrote:
> For whatever reasons, the editors moved the only piece of mathematics
> semantics (which doesn't include modules and macros) to the appendix,
> for reasons that still escape me. Well, they don't really. If you
> don't have a tool for arbitrating two distinct interpretations of
> an informal document, you can always claim that both are correct and
> if you so desire, you can claim one of them is, eh, smart? :-)

Although Matthias may not wish to know the actual reasons
for having an appendix that describes a formal semantics
for part of R6RS, those reasons were documented by formal
comments 222, 226, 227, and especially 236 [1,2,3,4].

Will

[1] http://www.r6rs.org/formal-comments/comment-222.txt
[2] http://www.r6rs.org/formal-comments/comment-226.txt
[3] http://www.r6rs.org/formal-comments/comment-227.txt