[plt-scheme] Re: [Larceny-users] side effects in R6RS modules

From: Matthias Felleisen (matthias at ccs.neu.edu)
Date: Tue May 5 19:30:25 EDT 2009

This makes a lot of sense.

As I teach my students, when you discover that a unit test fails,
you must consider one of three possibilities:
  -- the unit is faulty
  -- the expected outcome of the unit test is faulty
  -- both are faulty.

This applies in language definitions, too, just more so.

On May 5, 2009, at 7:14 PM, hendrik at topoi.pooq.com wrote:

> On Tue, May 05, 2009 at 06:21:20PM +0300, Abdulaziz Ghuloum wrote:
>>
>> On May 5, 2009, at 5:44 PM, Matthias Felleisen wrote:
>>
>>> In PL, such questions should be decided via mathematical models that
>>> do not depend on machines and compilers. That's the only way to
>>> truly
>>> disambiguate the English in a spec.
>>>
>>> For whatever reasons, the editors moved the only piece of
>>> mathematics
>>> semantics (which doesn't include modules and macros) to the
>>> appendix,