[plt-scheme] Re: [Larceny-users] side effects in R6RS modules

From: Michele Simionato (michele.simionato at gmail.com)
Date: Mon May 4 03:06:14 EDT 2009

On Sun, May 3, 2009 at 7:25 PM, Michele Simionato
<michele.simionato at gmail.com> wrote:
> No need to explain, I think I understand the behavior of Larceny and PLT now.

But now I do not understand Ikarus anymore!
I changed the code in x.ss, adding a line (display (list a b)) so that now x.ss
uses the module defines.ss, so that Ikarus cannot skip visiting it, even
having pre-compiled the libraries. In my understanding at visit time
the compiler
should expand the definitions in defines.sls and see the dummy macro
then  the register should keep track of the defined names, so that x.ss
should print the list (a b) and not the empty list, which is instead
what I get!

I am still confused ...

        Michele Simionato

Posted on the users mailing list.