[plt-scheme] Re: [Larceny-users] side effects in R6RS modules

From: Michele Simionato (michele.simionato at gmail.com)
Date: Mon May 4 03:06:14 EDT 2009

On Sun, May 3, 2009 at 7:25 PM, Michele Simionato
<michele.simionato at gmail.com> wrote:
> No need to explain, I think I understand the behavior of Larceny and PLT now.

But now I do not understand Ikarus anymore!
I changed the code in x.ss, adding a line (display (list a b)) so that now x.ss
uses the module defines.ss, so that Ikarus cannot skip visiting it, even
having pre-compiled the libraries. In my understanding at visit time
the compiler
should expand the definitions in defines.sls and see the dummy macro
definitions;
then  the register should keep track of the defined names, so that x.ss
should print the list (a b) and not the empty list, which is instead
what I get!

I am still confused ...

        Michele Simionato

Posted on the users mailing list.