[plt-scheme] Re: bug installing PLAI language in 4.1.5?

From: Jay McCarthy (jay.mccarthy at gmail.com)
Date: Tue Mar 31 09:04:13 EDT 2009

On Tue, Mar 31, 2009 at 7:00 AM, Benjamin L.Russell
<DekuDekuplex at yahoo.com> wrote:
> It's just unusual that the username for the 'planet fileinject'
> command is 'plt', and not my username, 'Benjamin'.  I would not have
> been able to deduce this part on my own.  Is there a special reason
> for this particular username?

The username is the username of the producer of the package on PLaneT.
On PLaneT, each package author has an account that their packages are
associated with. In this case, the PLaneT account is "plai", so that's
what you use. In contrast, if you were to install one of my personal
packages, the username would be "jaymccarthy". If you got an untyped
package, it would "untyped". The username provides a way of allowing
different parties to have packages with the "same" name, ie.
untyped/scheme and cce/scheme.

Jay

--
Jay McCarthy <jay at cs.byu.edu>