[plt-scheme] Teach Scheme, Reach Java in Indian high school curriculum/syllabus

From: Jason Stewart (jason.e.stewart at gmail.com)
Date: Tue Mar 31 02:13:45 EDT 2009

Hi Geoff,

On Mon, Mar 30, 2009 at 4:47 AM, Geoffrey S. Knauth <geoff at knauth.org> wrote:

> My robotics students and I are working on a DrScheme interface to NXT.  It's
> the semester project.

Excellent!

I am a volunteer on the SWIG project. I was planning to investigate
how well it would work to apply SWIG to the C API of the mindstorms
SDK as I believe that PLT is supported by SWIG (it is the MzScheme
engine, correct?) but I haven't looked into it yet. Even if I did
this, it would need a lot of help from people with PLT experience to
determine if the interface is helpful.

> Except for syntax, are you happy with the capabilities of NBC/NXC?  So far
> we've been using that as a model.

We made the decision *not* to use NBC/NXC... NBC is too low level. NXC
is not developed enough. The tool that was most interesting to us, the
debugger, was only available on Windows. Are school is a linux-only
workspace.

Cheers, jas.

Posted on the users mailing list.