[plt-scheme] evaluating buffer w/o re-initializing environment?

From: Fred G. Martin (fredm at cs.uml.edu)
Date: Sun Mar 29 12:20:32 EDT 2009

Dear PLT-Scheme'rs,

One of the things I really miss in Dr. Scheme is the ability to add
new definition bindings without losing the state of the global
environment.  When you evaluate a buffer with F5 or Run, the world is
reset and then the buffer definitions are evaluated and put back.

Am I missing something easy, or is this a deep design decision?  I
wish I could introduce my students to the Lisp programming methodology
of iteratively building up the objects in one's world and the
procedures for interacting with them.

Fred

Posted on the users mailing list.