[plt-scheme] 3-D graphics

From: Noel Welsh (noelwelsh at gmail.com)
Date: Thu Mar 26 11:34:21 EDT 2009

On Thu, Mar 26, 2009 at 1:28 PM, Stephen Bloch <sbloch at adelphi.edu> wrote:
> So there's this OpenGL binding bundled with PLT Scheme.  Who out there has
> played with it?

Me (and I'm sure others have as well).  (Incomplete) Functional 2D
graphics in Open GL here:

  http://svn.untyped.com/spatter/trunk/src/

I was impressed that MrEd/SGL included all the options I wanted.

> I'd like to write (or, even better, get somebody else to
> write!) a beginner-friendly, functional front end for it that allows
> first-semester students to build 3-D animations, with not much more
> difficulty than the 2-D animations we do with world, sb-world, or universe.
>  Is anybody working on this sort of thing?

Not that I know of, but a basic system shouldn't be too hard. Of
course cranking up the rendering performance and realism requires a
lot of work and some decisions about what types of objects and
environments you support.

N.

Posted on the users mailing list.