[plt-scheme] Doubt Exercise 14.2.2 HTDP

From: Matthias Felleisen (matthias at ccs.neu.edu)
Date: Fri Mar 20 11:47:40 EDT 2009

Renato, your program is missing the data definition for BTs (though I
can infer it).

You did not follow the design recipe to design your function. As a
result,
  -- it works by accident
  -- and it is FAR MORE complex than needed.

Please go step by step. Design the template with these questions in
mind:

  1. How many clauses are in the data definition
     That's how many clauses I need in the COND
     Formulate appropriate conditions to separate these things.

  2. Which DD clauses introduce compound data
     In the corresponding COND clauses, you need to write down
selector expressions

  3. Which DD clauses use self-references, and which pieces are
involved?
     Add recursive calls around the corresponding selector expressions.

Then solve the problem as follows:

  A. Fill in the gaps in the non-recursive cases.
  B. For the recursive cases:
	-- what do the various expressions compute
	-- how do you combine those results to get the final answers

Good luck -- Matthias