[plt-scheme] Google toolbar button

From: Marek Kubica (marek at xivilization.net)
Date: Fri Mar 20 04:47:13 EDT 2009

On Thu, 19 Mar 2009 19:14:43 -0400
Eli Barzilay <eli at barzilay.org> wrote:

> On Mar 19, Eli Barzilay wrote:
> > Just a quick hack, for people who use the google toolbar (so it's
> > limited to FF and IE):
> >
> >   http://toolbar.google.com/buttons/add?url=http://plt-scheme.org/search-button.xml
>
> Did anyone try it?  (I'm wondering if these kind of things are
> useful.)

It says to me:

Custom Buttons Not Available for Your Operating System

To add this site's button, you'll need the latest version of the Google
Toolbar. However, we've detected that your current operating system
does not support the Google Toolbar that's required.

Here are our system requirements:
• Windows XP/2000 SP3+, Mac OS X 10.2+ or Linux
• Firefox 1.5+ or Internet Explorer 6.0+

I have a Linux on amd64 and Iceweasel 3.0.6 and Google does not like
me. Nevermind, I prefer my searchplugin :)

Speaking of searching the docs: did it happen to you that the search
function does not find anything and then searching for the exactly same
thing yields a number of results? Happens to me every now and then, but
I wasn't able to reproduce it reliably.

regards,
Marek

Posted on the users mailing list.