[plt-scheme] DSLs: anyone want a good cry?

From: Marek Kubica (marek at xivilization.net)
Date: Fri Mar 20 04:42:17 EDT 2009

On Fri, 20 Mar 2009 01:41:08 +0100
Thomas Chust <chust at web.de> wrote:

> Scheme would really have deserved to be mentioned as a counter
> example. But I think this analysis of the trend in contemporary "main
> stream" languages is quite correct and it is sad to watch this
> development :-(

I'm not sure. Ruby is getting more and more mainstream and can be used
to build DSLs just fine. Take a look at RSpec for example. It is no
Lisp, sure, but useful for some DSLs anyway.

C# does support operator overloading and thats IMHO a good thing after
all. Calling strange methods like ``equals`` in Java goes on my nerves
when there are much nicer solutions available.

regards,
Marek

Posted on the users mailing list.