[plt-scheme] Natural numbers

From: Jos Koot (jos.koot at telefonica.net)
Date: Wed Mar 11 21:51:38 EDT 2009

That could very well be the case. I am not sure about that and the only book
I have that treats the matter well does not discuss history. The books that
treat history of music (as far in my possession) are written by people
afraid of numbers. Anyway, at the time the tempered scale was introduced, it
must have been known that there are no natural number n and m such that
(expt 3/2 n) = (expt 2 m) (where 3/2 is a quint interval and 2 an octave
interval).This is a very fortunate fact, because it allows to put tension
into harmony  and melody.
Jos