[plt-scheme] production use of PLT servlets

From: Neil Van Dyke (neil at neilvandyke.org)
Date: Sun Mar 8 06:40:17 EDT 2009

I'm interested in hearing about people's experiences using the PLT Web
servlets with stored continuations.

My motivation is that, now that I'm looking for new
consulting/employment, I want to be able to recommend PLT Scheme for the
new work, as appropriate.  For Web sites, I have experience developing
production servers using PLT Scheme Apache CGI but not using PLT servlets.

I suspect that, if a PLT process can handle, say, 1000 simultaneous
sessions with rock-solid reliably, and with reasonable CPU/memory
requirements, then it can scale by a combination of distributing
sessions across servers and gracefully expiring PLT processes (to clean
up any memory leaks).

Noel Welsh has already given me some information about Untyped's
successes with servlets.  I'd appreciate any other experiences people have.

Posted on the users mailing list.