[plt-scheme] on which programming languages best to spend your time?

From: Noel Welsh (noelwelsh at gmail.com)
Date: Mon Mar 2 06:19:18 EST 2009

On Fri, Feb 27, 2009 at 9:41 PM, keydana at gmx.de <keydana at gmx.de> wrote:
>>> You might be surprised about jobs w/ Scheme.
> I'd like to be... I have not stumbled about any (in Germany) yet, but also I
> have not done a real research because I have to collect more experience yet.

I don't know any commercial users of Scheme in Germany, but Mike
Sperber (DeinProgramm) might. There are others using PLT Scheme
commercially is various parts of the world. I know several in the US,
one in Canada. I think there are some people in Scandinavia. No doubt
there are more I don't know about or have forgotten.

I don't have any big announcement to make (sorry Doug), and it is not
the intention of Untyped to hire every Scheme programmer on this
earth. It is, however, our intention to support others in developing
their own commercial enterprises that use (PLT) Scheme. We're really
just starting on this. Releasing our libraries on Planet is step one.
Opening our svn is step two. Hopefully we'll run a few tutorials at
ICFP (as part of DEFUN); maybe work up a book in a year or so. The
platform is good, and we've proved it works. The next step is make it
really easy for others to do the same.

N.

Posted on the users mailing list.