[plt-scheme] PLT Scheme svn uninstall

From: Eli Barzilay (eli at barzilay.org)
Date: Tue Jun 30 14:54:05 EDT 2009

On Jun 29, Paraita Wohler wrote:
> Hi,
>
> > I think the easiest way is to install into a local directory
> > (i.e., use "./configure --prefix=${HOME}/local --enable-macprefix"
> > in plt/src, then make install), then look for all files in
> > ${HOME}/local and remove these from /usr/local. This may fail to
> > find some files from earlier versions of PLT Scheme, but should be
> > broad enough to avoid conflicts with the packaged version.

This is probably the easiest way to remove the old files.  FWIW, that
`--enable-macprefix' is a recent addition, since the prefix on OSX
should be the destination PLT directory, not a common directory like
"/usr".

> thank you for the answer, i was affraid i'll have to go through that
> :s I'll stick with the mac-style install on my macbook (although i
> think i saw some plt-uninstall script on my debian box some time
> ago)

The PLT installers for unix-like machines creates a `plt-uninstall'
script that removes the installation.  There is no `uninstall' targer
in the makefile.