[plt-scheme] Re: Windows + remapped keyboard: DrScheme misinterpreting AltGr characters as commands

From: Robby Findler (robby at eecs.northwestern.edu)
Date: Tue Jun 30 08:17:56 EDT 2009

Hi, sorry there hasn't been any more informative reply. This is the right group.

The code below (run it in the "module" language in drscheme, or put it
in a file and run "mred-text file.ss" from the shell prompt) will
print out the key code of your key presses.

I see that version 4.2 (the latest release) has fewer altgr-related
methods and perhaps you may find that simply trying out the nightly
builds (http://pre.plt-scheme.org/installers/) will fix the problem
for you.

If not, I think you want to start with the code below and add calls to
various methods in the list that has a call to the get-key-code below
and look for output that doesn't seem right.

(I'm afraid that we will need your help with this one, simply because
it seems hard to reproduce your setup.)

hth,
Robby

#lang scheme/gui

(define c%
  (class canvas%
    (define/override (on-char evt)
      (printf "~s\n" (list (send evt get-key-code))))
    (super-new)))

(define f (new frame% [label ""] [width 200] [height 200]))
(define c (new c% [parent f]))
(send c focus)
(send f show #t)