[plt-scheme] MzScheme + SWIG: howto?

From: Neil Van Dyke (neil at neilvandyke.org)
Date: Fri Jun 26 10:23:39 EDT 2009

Eli Barzilay wrote at 06/26/2009 10:14 AM:
> IIRC, the SWIG interface is still doing C extensions, which should be
> compiled with mzc.  It would be really easy to adapt the mzscheme
> backend of SWIG to generate `scheme/foreign' but nobody did it.

I've lost interest in SWIG.

The FFI is so much easier to use than C extensions that there is now
much less need for SWIG as a high-level source language.

I am guessing that the main reason someone might still want to use SWIG
is if they wanted to produce a big pile of library bindings (using
existing SWIG specs for the libraries) and didn't care how polished the
bindings were.

--
http://www.neilvandyke.org/