[plt-scheme] backward-kill-word (m:del) not working

From: Matthew Flatt (mflatt at cs.utah.edu)
Date: Wed Jun 24 08:42:08 EDT 2009

At Mon, 22 Jun 2009 23:54:09 +0800, "Rommel M. Martinez" wrote:
> I'm wondering why is it that hitting the default keybinding
> for backward-kill-word (m:del/esc:del) no longer works in 4.2. It
> used to work before. I have only tested it so far for the Linux and
> Windows ports (although on which platforms is this behavior being
> observed may not be relevant at all)

This is now fixed in SVN for the next version.

The problem was in the recent port of the editor classes to Scheme,
where "delete" in a keymap was mapped to a 'delete key event (which
never happens) instead of a #\rubout key event.

That is, line 42 of

 <plt>/collects/mred/private/wxme/keymap.ss

should have been

        ("delete" . #\rubout)

Thanks for the report,
Matthew