[plt-scheme] Standalone GUI executable bugs

From: Matthew Flatt (mflatt at cs.utah.edu)
Date: Tue Jun 23 08:13:53 EDT 2009

I see bugs in `serialize' and `deserialize' when the serialized
structure type is referenced through a relative module path, instead of
through a collection.

For example, I was able to trigger problems with

  #lang scheme/base
  (require scheme/serialize)
  (provide (struct-out pt))
  (define-serializable-struct pt (x y))

  #lang scheme/base
  (require "s1.ss" scheme/serialize)
  (deserialize (serialize (make-pt 1 2)))

The bugs are now fixed in SVN, at least for my example. I think the
enclosed patch works for v4.2. Otherwise, you could try the next
nightly build from

Let us know if you still problems after this repair.

Thanks for the report,