[plt-scheme] Standalone GUI executable bugs

From: Edo Shor (edosknow at yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Jun 22 05:52:27 EDT 2009

Hi all,

My first post... (^_^)

I work on a hierarchical music editor which is to be deployed to other
Windows machines, independent of any local plt-scheme installation. In
other words, the solution for me is a "distributable package".

I use "create executable" from drscheme (4.2).
I use several collection libraries (including planet), native dll's
and everything works fine.
Part for the serialization mechanism which seems buggy to me.

Here is the story:
- Serialization is used to save/load a session into persistent file.
- It works fine if I run from drscheme
- Running from the distribution, I get:

error: standard-module-name-resolver: collection not found:
#<path:scheme\gui\lang> in any of: (#<path:C:\Documents and Settings
\edos\Application Data\PLT Scheme\4.2\collects>
 #<path:C:\Bgu\2008b\Music\PLT_GUI\SIMC-12tone\12tone--pkg\lib\plt
\12tone-main\collects>)

- I manually copy the collection into the distribution and get:

error: standard-module-name-resolver: collection not found: "syntax"
in any of:
(#<path:C:\Documents and Settings\edos\Application Data\PLT Scheme
\4.2\collects>
 #<path:C:\Bgu\2008b\Music\PLT_GUI\SIMC-12tone\12tone--pkg\lib\plt
\12tone-main\collects>)

- I copy the syntax collection and get:

error: link: namespace mismatch; reference (phase 0) to a module
"C:\Documents and Settings\edos\Application Data\PLT Scheme
\4.2\collects\syntax\module-reader.ss"
that is not available (phase level 0); reference appears in module: "C:
\Documents and Settings\edos\Application Data\PLT Scheme\4.2\collects
\scheme\gui\lang\reader.ss" in: wrap-internal

I can't really figure out the problem, any help is more then
welcome...

Posted on the users mailing list.