[plt-scheme] [ANN] MzXPCOM

From: Thomas Chust (chust at web.de)
Date: Sat Jun 20 07:10:24 EDT 2009

Hello,

as an exercise in PLT Scheme embedding and Mozilla XPCOM programming I
have hacked together something similar to MzCOM but for the Mozilla
platform instead of Windows COM.

At the moment the code just implements a simple string to string
evaluation interface, error handling and Scheme background thread
polling. If I find the time, I plan to expand it in the future to
provide full interoperability between Scheme code and XPCOM
components.

You can find the current code at

  http://code.launchpad.net/~chust/+junk/MzXPCOM

A precompiled test application that should work with XULRunner 1.9 on
ix86 Linux can be found at

  http://www.chust.org/blob/mzxpcom-example.xpi

After downloading, use a command like `xulrunner --install-app
mzcom-example.xpi /tmp` to set it up in a temporary directory.

cu,
Thomas