[plt-scheme] Discrepancies in the documentation for PLT's Intermediate Student Language w/ Lambda

From: Matthew Flatt (mflatt at cs.utah.edu)
Date: Thu Jun 18 03:47:35 EDT 2009

At Wed, 17 Jun 2009 20:14:29 -0400, Daniel King wrote:
> In particular  the following are listed as primitive operations, but
> DrScheme's REPL claims they are undefined identifiers:
> string->int
> replicate
> string-ith

Which version are you using? I think that these functions were added in
v4.2. They're available for me. (Also, the implementation and the docs
are derived from the same source, so it's difficult for them to be out
of sync.)

> I also think string-ith's contract is wrong.

Right! There should should be a second argument that's a `nat'.

> Also, the grammar for the language lists (quoteid) as a type of expr,
> I believe this should be (quote id) with a space.

Actually, it shouldn't be there at all, since the

  'quoted

line covers that case, so I've removed it for the next doc build.

Thanks for the reports,
Matthew

Posted on the users mailing list.