[plt-scheme] Draw and save coordinates on every mouse event on canvas?

From: Matthias Felleisen (matthias at ccs.neu.edu)
Date: Wed Jun 10 15:55:23 EDT 2009

Here is a solution:

#lang scheme

(require 2htdp/universe)

;; World = [Listof (list Nat Nat)]
(define mt (empty-scene 200 200))
(define col "red")
(define DOT (circle 3 "solid" col))

(define (click w x y ke)
   (cond
     [(mouse=? "button-down" ke)
      (cons (list x y) w)]
     [else w]))

(define (render w0)
   (local ((define (cnt w a) (foldl (lambda (f a) (list f (apply ln+
f a))) a w))
           (define (dot s p) (place-image DOT (first p) (second p) s))
           (define (ln+ p q s)
             (add-line s (first p) (second p) (first q) (second q) col))
           (define dots (foldr (lambda (f r) (dot r f)) mt w0)))
     (cond
       [(empty? w0) mt]
       [else (second (cnt (rest w0) (list (first w0) (dot dots (first

(big-bang '() (on-mouse click) (on-draw render))

But this solution will give you away in case this is homework. To
prove that this isn't homework, you need to point us to the place
where our manuals recommend using world.ss.

-- Matthias