[plt-scheme] Another Scheme book!

From: Paulo J. Matos (pocmatos at gmail.com)
Date: Tue Jun 9 15:48:17 EDT 2009

On Tue, Jun 9, 2009 at 4:51 PM, Luciano Ramalho<ramalho at gmail.com> wrote:
> Programação em Scheme:  introdução à programação utilizando múltiplos
> paradigmas
>
> (Programming in Scheme: an introduction to programming using multiple paradigms)
>
> by: João Pavão Martins & Maria dos Remédios Cravo
>
> http://istpress.ist.utl.pt/lscheme.htm

This book was being written by my lecturers (the authors of the book)
when I was studying scheme for the first time in 'Introduction to
Programming'. The recommended book was SICP and the lecture notes were
drafts of the book. Some years later, I taught the same subject using
this book [which was for the obvious reasons recommended instead of
SICP]

This is a good book, yes [for those understanding Portuguese] but I
would only recommend it to those that either have trouble with English
or for very young portuguese students (maybe highschool level). It is
in my opinion just an expanded [trying to be clearer in places, with
more exercises of different levels of difficulty] version of the first
few chapters of SICP written in Portuguese.

Cheers,

Paulo Matos