[plt-scheme] lc-with-redex

From: Luciano Ramalho (ramalho at gmail.com)
Date: Mon Jun 8 18:59:23 EDT 2009

On Mon, Jun 8, 2009 at 5:29 AM, Jos Koot<jos.koot at telefonica.net> wrote:
> Thanks for the conversions. I am overwhelmed by your friendly responses. I
> have downloaded CutePDF. Did not know there was a free converter. The
> converted pdf files do not recognize links links within the document nor to
> local files, but I'll find a way to circumvent that (I probably should write
> out the full urls)
> Anyway there is now a pdf version at
> http://telefonica.net/web2/koot/lc-with-redex.pdf
> A version with correct hyperlinks is to come today or tomorrow.
> Thanks to all of you, and of course thanks to the authors who permitted me
> to steel and modify their material (Daniel P. Friedman, Matthias Felleisen,
> Douglas R. Hofstadter) I also used knowledge and an example from
> Barendregt's book "The Lambda Calculus, ... " but I have not been able to
> contact him.
> Jos

What a great contribution, Jos, thanks a lot!

I am taking a Programming Languages class at the University of São
Paulo and just last week we read chapter 22 "Shrinking the Language"
of Shriram Krishnamurthi's Programming Languages: Application and
Interpretation (PLAI) [1], in which he "shrinks" Scheme to the
essentials of the Lambda Calculus.

http://www.cs.brown.edu/~sk/Publications/Books/ProgLangs/

I generated a PDF version of the text. The links to your site and and
the internal links are working (only the links to the local files do
not work). I used OpenOffice to do the conversion.

I took the liberty of putting the .doc, .pdf and .odt, and all your
source code in a public repository on GitHub [2].

[2] http://github.com/ramalho/lc-with-redex/tree/master

Full credit is given to you in the repository description and in a
README.txt file. I also put links to your site [3] in the repository
home page and in the README.txt.

[3] http://telefonica.net/web2/koot/

Thank your very much for that contribution, Jos!

Cheers,

Luciano

PS. I also agree that turning the text in to a scribble like Emre is
doing is the best way to publish your work for use by the DrScheme
community.

Posted on the users mailing list.