[plt-scheme] firefox locking up 15 seconds for each plt documentation search

From: Neil Van Dyke (neil at neilvandyke.org)
Date: Sun Jun 7 08:31:07 EDT 2009

Eli Barzilay wrote at 06/07/2009 07:20 AM:
> I'm happy to hear any other ideas people might have.

As I said, with Firebug disabled, performance is fine for me.

If the index is simply getting too big for some other browsers, another
option is to break up the index and selectively load parts of it on
demand.  (I'm being vague saying "load" here, because I don't know
whether the bottleneck would be I/O or JS/GC.)  That would still use a
normal Web browser and not require a Scheme server, but the
implementation would be more complicated, and there would be latency
issues compared to a browser that could keep the entire index loaded.

--
http://www.neilvandyke.org/