[plt-scheme] firefox locking up 15 seconds for each plt documentation search

From: Neil Van Dyke (neil at neilvandyke.org)
Date: Sat Jun 6 17:48:18 EDT 2009

Does anyone else's entire Firefox 3 lock up completely for around 15
seconds *every* time they either load the PLT "Search Manuals" or enter
a query in the "...search manuals..." field that's at the top of each page?

This has been happening to me with the local copy of PLT documentation,
with both 4.1.2 and 4.1.5.

My first guess as to cause is that it's a combination of two factors:
something unusual about my browser configuration is preventing the index
from being cached as a file or as JS data.

Knowing if anyone else has this problem might help debug.  Thanks.

--
http://www.neilvandyke.org/