[Fluxus] [plt-scheme] Repl during animation or simulation

From: Dave Griffiths (dave at pawfal.org)
Date: Fri Jun 5 15:11:29 EDT 2009

On Fri, 2009-06-05 at 11:00 -0300, Glauber Alex Dias Prado wrote:
> Erich Rast <erich at snafu.de> writes:
>
> >>         Fluxus use this feature to enable live-coding "in the loop" :),
> >
> > I know I should be asking this on the fluxus mailing list, but while
> > we're at it...Fluxus own scratchpad is just not usable for developing
> > larger programs. The docs on the fluxus page say you should compile your
> > own binary, but with all the dependencies I'll likely never get this to
> > work.
> >
> > So is there any downloadable OS X binary for DrScheme with Fluxus
> > built-in?
>
> I guess you can use the OSX binary from the download page and your already
> installed DrScheme i think, as long as DrScheme can recognize fluxus
> paths for libs nothing will prevent it from working afaik, but then im
> not a OSX user so i may be missing something. In the worst scenario you
> will have to install all dependencies trough OSX ports system which
> might not be so difficult, and compile fluxus so it will be installed
> where PLT wants it to be so nothing hard for it to recognize it.

I'm not sure if the latest osx version embeds the binary plt modules in
the scratchpad binary - we've started doing this on some platforms to
make it easier to provide packages, but it means you can't load them
into drscheme.

In this case, it would be ideal to provide fluxus via the planet - is it
possible to distribute binary modules this way?

We've recently had something of a combinatorial explosion in terms of
OS's, packages and flavours of install of fluxus - hopefully in the next
bit we'll figure out a good way of approaching this.

cheers,

dave

Posted on the users mailing list.