[plt-scheme] Re: Htdp chapter 12 insertion sort

From: Todd O'Bryan (toddobryan at gmail.com)
Date: Tue Jun 2 17:43:41 EDT 2009

One advantage to making the questions as clear as possible is that you
get error messages earlier.

(cond
  [(empty? alon) ....]
  [(cons? alon) ....]

gives an "all question results were false" error if you pass in
something like 4, "boo", or 'a. In contrast,

(cond
  [(empty? alon) ...]
  [else ...]

goes into the default answer and gives you some kind of error because
you called a function like first or rest on something that's not a
list.

It seems to be a sound principle that, if you're going to fail, it's a
good idea to do it as soon as possible. :-)

Todd