[plt-scheme] Re: syntax coloring, #lang, Scribble

From: Neil Van Dyke (neil at neilvandyke.org)
Date: Tue Jul 28 20:11:27 EDT 2009

Neil Toronto wrote at 07/28/2009 05:57 PM:
> Matthew Flatt wrote:
>> The Scribble languages `scribble/base', `scribble/manual', etc. specify
>> a syntax colorer that handles @ notation and that starts the body in
>> "text" mode. The `at-exp' language constructor similarly specifies a
>> colorer that adds support for `@' notation to the Scheme colorer.
> Awesome. Is language-specific indentation coming soon?

For Scheme (or perhaps Scheme-ish languages), it would be nice to be
able to associate formatting rules with special syntax definitions.

For example, in the module in which I define the "with-foo" syntax, I
also define the formatting of that syntax.  When editing a use of
"with-foo" in a file, DrScheme will go look in the imported module and
then know to indent the use like "begin0".

Perhaps these formatting rules would be part of the embedded documentation.

Posted on the users mailing list.