[plt-scheme] Re: syntax coloring, #lang, Scribble

From: Neil Van Dyke (neil at neilvandyke.org)
Date: Tue Jul 28 20:11:27 EDT 2009

Neil Toronto wrote at 07/28/2009 05:57 PM:
> Matthew Flatt wrote:
>> The Scribble languages `scribble/base', `scribble/manual', etc. specify
>> a syntax colorer that handles @ notation and that starts the body in
>> "text" mode. The `at-exp' language constructor similarly specifies a
>> colorer that adds support for `@' notation to the Scheme colorer.
>
> Awesome. Is language-specific indentation coming soon?

For Scheme (or perhaps Scheme-ish languages), it would be nice to be
able to associate formatting rules with special syntax definitions.

For example, in the module in which I define the "with-foo" syntax, I
also define the formatting of that syntax.  When editing a use of
"with-foo" in a file, DrScheme will go look in the imported module and
then know to indent the use like "begin0".

Perhaps these formatting rules would be part of the embedded documentation.

--
http://www.neilvandyke.org/