[plt-scheme] debugging [mini rant]

From: Paulo J. Matos (pocmatos at gmail.com)
Date: Tue Jul 28 17:59:15 EDT 2009

On Tue, 2009-07-28 at 16:12 -0500, Mike Eggleston wrote:
> Morning,
>
> I think it's highly likely that I'm influenced by my early learning to
> write code days. I much prefer command line and tty systems to any graphic
> systems or systems with an attached rodent. Even using my windows (yuck)
> workstation my primary interface is an xterm into other systems. I use
> Outlook because I must support users having the same. My personal email
> program is character based (mutt). I only start a graphic email program
> when I need to look at pictures that someone sent.
>
> All that is a preface to the statements that I like command line,
> I like vi, I like gdb and perl -d. I would be much happier with
> plt-scheme/mzscheme if there is a way to do 'mzscheme -d code.lsp'. Using
> trace, like TRON from decades ago for me, does work, but isn't as
> satisfying as 'perl -d'.
>
> Is there a command line debugger in mzscheme?
>
> I finally found a way to get vi/vim to lisp indent my code. Now I want
> a debugger that I'm happy with.

I guess the answer to you is 'no!', unfortunately.

I am an avid DrScheme user for many years but I have to go +1 on this
one. Sometimes only having to open my emacs would be heaven.

I add two questions to the PLT-Team:
- Is a command line debugger planned?
- If not, what kind of work would it involved?