[plt-scheme] Scheme program to serve files over HTTP

From: Amit Saha (lists.amitsaha at gmail.com)
Date: Mon Jul 27 13:35:40 EDT 2009

Hello,

(I hope such emails are not against the mailing list guidelines.)

I have been working on a hobby-cum-first real Scheme program of mine- a
clone of SimpleHTTPServer.py. What this module does is that it starts a
HTTP server with the current directory as the working directory. So, it
enables file sharing/browsing over a network. I am happy to report that
I have successfully completed the program, which works fine on my Ubuntu
Linux box. The GNU GPL source of the first release, Version 0.8  is
available at
http://bitbucket.org/amitksaha/foobar-scripts/src/tip/fileserveHTTP.ss

More background information, limitations at
http://amitksaha.wordpress.com/2009/07/27/fileservehttp-ss-serve-your-local-files-over-http/

Thanks Jay, Jens and others for the help I asked earlier.

I would really like to hear some comments/suggestions so that I an
improve and enhance this piece of code and my Scheme.

Best,
-Amit

email: amitsaha.in at gmail.com
Journal: http://amitksaha.wordpress.com
µ-blog: http://twitter.com/amitsaha
IRC: cornucopic on #scheme, #lisp, #math, #linux

Posted on the users mailing list.