[plt-scheme] A data point on 'match' in intro programming: +++!

From: Prabhakar Ragde (plragde at uwaterloo.ca)
Date: Tue Jul 7 13:06:29 EDT 2009

John Clements wrote:

> I think you're misunderstanding me, though I now see that what I said
> wasn't well explained.  The point about symbol pattterns stands, but you
> *can* write structure patterns just fine

Okay, I see. Are symbol patterns all that broke for you? I remember
this, but I cannot remember what else breaks. (I guess I could do some
experiments.) And does anyone (Sam?) know how to fix them?

> Just to be a bit more inflammatory: I'm not showing them 'cond'; just 'match'.

I suppose if they don't need `cond', there's no reason to burden them
with it, but I find it hard to imagine that they can entirely do without
  that or `if'. --PR

Posted on the users mailing list.